|My Hand-Made Sweet Potato Pies before Baking|
Chocolate-Chip-Sweet-Potato-Pie Sandwich Cookies (Serves 6-8)
(Note:) Use a mix for the chocolate chip cookies. I used Dr. Oetker Organics Cookie Mix.
Sweet Potato Pie Filling (Egg free)
1 pound sweet potatoes (organic is possible), baked
1/2 cup of soy milk
3 tablespoons milled flax seed (replaces oil) or 1 tablespoon softened butter
1 organic lemon (for zest)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Agave Nectar or 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel, mash and mix potatoes, adding milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add flax seed or butter, lemon zest, spices, vanilla extract and agave nectar or sugar and resume mixing for two minutes. If mixing by hand, triple the mixing time.
- Refrigerate sweet potato pie mix in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Make the chocolate chip cookies according to package directions and allow them to cool before inserting the filling.
- Fill one cookie with one heaping teaspoon of sweet potato pie mix and place another cookie on top to make the sandwich.
- Refrigerate leftovers.