I used to like winter. I think I still do, but there have been more than a few wind-chilled mornings and afternoons lately. So, I'm anticipating warming breezes, daffodils, and tulips more than usual this year. My fellow #SundaySupper bloggers are likely feeling as I do, because we've all prepared a succulent springtime spread to feature today on our blogs. My recipe, Anchovy and Egg Salad, is one of my favorite light spring meals.
I use basically the same ingredients that you probably use in your egg salad, but I include Chinese Five Spice (not pictured).
I buy one French bread round, cut off the top, and scoop out the insides.
I break up the eggs gently with a fork and butter knife.
|This is the contents of a two-ounce can of anchovies. I four fillets in the egg salad.|
After draining, the anchovies are chopped. I save two halved anchovy fillets for garnish. I include chopped scallions as well.
Remember this recipe this spring as you cast off heavier meals, like a winter-worn parka, and begin to embrace lighter meals once again.
Please click on the links after the recipe to see the dozens of other springtime recipes that you, your friends, and your family will enjoy.
Recipe: Anchovy and Egg Salad--Serves 3-4
6 large eggs, boiled and peeled
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder
Cracked, white pepper
1 ounce (approximately 4 flat fillets) anchovies, drained and chopped
2 scallions, chopped
1.5 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 French bread round
2 tablespoon almonds sliced almonds for garnish
2 anchovy fillets, sliced in half, for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, break up the eggs gently with a fork and butter knife. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, Chinese Five Spice powder, pepper, anchovies, scallions, and dill. Fold ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- With a bread knife, carefully slice the top from the French bread round. Set top aside. Cut away the insides, leaving one-half to one inch of bread on the bottom and sides.
- Remove the Anchovy and Egg Salad from the refrigerator. Spoon the salad into the bread cavity. Garnish with anchovy halves, sliced almonds, and dill. Serve as sandwiches or spoon into lettuce cups.
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Savory Crepes with Prawns, Broccoli and Hollandaise Sauce by Masala Herb
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Key Lime Cream Cheese Empanadas by La Cocina de Leslie
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Gluten Free Carrot Cookies by Simply Gourmet
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Irish Spring Tea Party by My Cute Bride
- Fizzy Citrus Cocktails by The Messy Baker
Join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper and at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
Use the #SundaySupper hashtag, or follow us via TweetChat!