2.1 pound side frozen salmon or 6 4-oz frozen fillets
Non-stick cooking spray
1/4 cup grape seed oil
1 tablespoon clarified butter (or unsalted butter or margarine)
1/2 teaspoon smoked salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Cracked white pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Rinse frozen salmon under cold tap water to remove ice particles and pat dry. Place fish on baking sheet and put in oven for four minutes.
2. Open oven door and extend oven rack. Brush fish with clarified or unsalted butter or margarine and sprinkle on smoked salt, pepper, and paprika. Return fish to oven and continue roasting, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Mix spring mix, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onions in a large salad bowl.
- Slice salmon into 2-inch wide, 4-inch long strips (only if you purchased a side of salmon).
- Plate the salad greens and vegetables. Place 4 salmon strips or one of the four-ounce salmon fillets on top of each salad.
- Dress salad simply with oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper.