After Trick or Treaters stop ringing the doorbell, it’s time to sink into the couch and pop a favorite mystery or thriller into the DVD player and munch on seafood-flavored popcorn. I call it “Seafood Lover’s Popcorn,” and it includes “Old Bay Seasoning” as well as a rice seasoning that includes dehydrated shrimp pieces. It’s quite easy to make and you can adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Recipe: Seafoodie’s Popcorn (Serves 2-3)
1 bag natural, unsalted microwave popcorn (I used the “Quinn” brand, which is free of hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and PFOAs.)
1 tablespoon (or more) of unsalted butter, melted
1.5 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon rice seasoning with Nori seaweed and/or dried shrimp (check the ethnic section of the supermarket).
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave (follow package directions).
- Pour popped corn into a large bowl.
- Pour butter evenly over popcorn.
- Add Old Bay Seasoning and rice seasoning and mix with clean hands until seasonings are distributed throughout popcorn.
- Adjust seasonings and transfer to serving bowl.