- Saute garlic in one tablespoon of oil in large saute pan over medium heat for two minutes (or until soft). Set garlic aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and heat until very hot (approximately four minutes).
- Season both sides of tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add tuna steaks to very hot pan and sear for two to three minutes on each side until both sides of tuna steaks are golden brown.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over each tuna steak.* (recipe update 5-30-12)
- Place each tuna steak on two generous tablespoons of the curried butter beans.
- Garnish each tuna steak with some of the sauteed garlic and one parsley blossom or sprig of parsley. Serve proudly.
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
3 14-ounce (400 grams) canned butter beans or Lima beans
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 teaspoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Vegetable broth (optional)
Salt to taste (optional)
- Pour the beans into a colander; drain the liquid from the beans and rinse once. Allow beans to drain for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the beans, stir beans to coat thoroughly with oil.
- Turn heat to low and add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, and stir to mix spices with beans.
- Add sugar and lemon juice; mix well, and cook for five minutes.
- If beans become dry, add water or vegetable broth–one tablespoon at a time–and stir to rehydrate.
- Adjust salt to taste, if desired.
- Garnish beans with chopped parsley before serving.