|TVP dried (left) and reconstituted (right).|
1 small onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
16 ounces whole-grain spaghetti pasta, cooked and drained
32 ounces prepared Marinara sauce
|TVP with miso tamari sauce added (for flavor & color).|
|TVP and miso tamari sauce incorporated.|
- Place TVP granules in medium-sized bowl and add boiling water. Cover for five minutes and allow to reconstitute.
- Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat until they begin to look translucent. Add garlic and continue sauteing until the garlic is fragrant (but not browned).
- Add reconstituted TVP and mix with onions and garlic. Add miso tamari or soy sauce and mix with ingredients. (The miso tamari/soy will help to flavor and color the TVP.)
- Add marinara sauce and, if desired, mix in the pasta or serve sauce over pasta.
- Top each serving with chopped or hand-torn Italian parsley. Place whole leaves of parsley around each mound of pasta, if desired, for garnish.